Ok, this is a quick post to index the previous posts relating to my Home Theater controller build for later reference.
- Mostly to use the CNC machine to make something new, with materials other than wood. Learn in the process.
- Fix a previous project that broke. I had a power strip that turned on my amps sequentially but the voltage regulator burned up (no heatsink)
- Address the problem that my cable modem is behind my theater equipment rack, and when it needs to be reset it’s a pain to get to.
With that in mind, here are the posts covering the basic steps – in order:
- Learning to make a circuit board. Isolation routing one and two.
- Cutting the front/back panels out of acrylic.
- Assembling the innards of the controller, and connecting input/outputs.
- Troubleshooting the things that went wrong.
- Final pics and video of completed project.